HMB (beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate) is a bioactive nutrient belonging to the group of branched short-chain fatty acids, considered by some sources as a vitamin-like factor (similar to vitamins in terms of its effects), found naturally – in small quantities – in food, as well as produced by the human body as a result of the conversion of the branched-chain amino acid – leucine. Numerous studies show that adding HMB to the diet can facilitate the development of lean body mass due to its positive influence on the storing of muscle proteins and the reduction of fat tissue.
As the literature suggests, this particular effect of HMB may be attributed to the:
- activation of kinases – enzymes which act as a second messenger of information during the protein synthesis process
- interaction with kinases during the activation of initiation complexes which trigger the elongation phase of protein synthesis
- inactivation of catabolic enzymes which destroy muscle proteins
- activation of steroidogenesis – the synthesis pathway of steroid compounds, including anabolic steroid hormones, such as testosterone
- impact on the activity of PPARs – the receptors for fatty acids, stimulating the synthesis of red muscle fibres and the production of a number of proteins responsible for the transport and burning of fatty acids.
MEGA CAPS®/MEGA CAPSULES® CONSTITUTES THE INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY OF OLIMP LABORATORIES. WE WERE FIRST!
“MEGA CAPS” and “MEGA CAPSULES” constitute the first trademarks registered to the benefit of Olimp Laboratories with the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland, since 2004 and 2006, respectively. In addition, the word mark "MEGA CAPS" was subjected to international procedure in 26 countries worldwide and as of today it has been registered in 17 countries. Furthermore, we have applied for the registration of the word and figurative marks MEGA CAPS®/MEGA CAPSULES® under international procedure in a number of countries, also outside of Europe.
MEGA CAPS®/MEGA CAPSULES® OLIMP- THE ONE AND ONLY, FIRST AND ORIGINAL!
Ingredients: 86,2% calcium β-hydroxy-β-methylbutyrate, bulking agent – microcrystalline cellulose; anti-caking agent – magnesium salts of fatty acids; capsule (gelatin, colour: E 171).
|Nutrition information||1 capsule||2 capsule||3 capsule||4 capsules|
|1250 mg||2500 mg||3750 mg||5000 mg|
|of which HMB||1000 mg||2000 mg||3000 mg||4000 mg
Recommended use: 2-4 capsules daily, for optimal results take 1 capsule two up to four times a day, drinking with large amount of water (before breakfast, before and after training and before sleep). Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet. A varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle are recommended. Keep out of reach of children.
Warning: Pregnant or lactating women shouldn’t use this product.